House Fire Occurs Saturday Morning

Create: 02/04/2019 - 09:24

Generator & Combustibles cause house fire

 

    Wellington Fire Dept. and Rescue responded to 1309 North B at 6:56 am Saturday with the report of a fully involved carport with the fire extending inside the residence.
    Both residents were safely outside with one dog but another dog was inside. The pet was found, CPR was initiated but could not be revived.
The fire was quickly under control but there was a need to pull ceilings and walls to look for hidden fire. Significant smoke damage was done.

 

The $10,000 Fire Loss was due to a generator too close to combustibles.


Fire Chief Hay reminds residents that a generator should not be used as a permanent electric source.
A kerosene heater was also operating in the house.

Mutual aid was received by surrounding departments.

 

 

 

 

   

 

 

 

About Author

T.D.'s picture
Terrence Dean Nichols
Terrence Dean Nichols (T.D.) was born and raised here in Wellington, KS. After graduating from Wellington High School in 2008 Terrence focused on his photography and skateboarding while working small part time jobs. Terrence enjoyed working with kids as a Paraprofessional at Washington Elementary for 3 years Before becoming the videographer/film editor for Studio 55 in early 2017.